This course is open to:
- Registered nurses
- Registered nursing associates
- Registered midwives
- Physician associates who are registered on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- Registered healthcare professionals working in integrated sexual health (ISH) clinics
- General Medical Council (GMC) registered medical doctors
who wish to train to take cervical samples as part of their work.
It is delivered in accordance with the NHS Cervical Screening Programme training guidelines and is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
The dates for 2021 are given below (the dates in bold indicate the mandatory practical sessions):
- Wednesday 29 September to Wednesday 6 October (9.30am-4.30pm)
- Thursday 4 November to Thursday 11 November (9.30am-4.30pm)
- Thursday 25 November to Thursday 2 December (9.30am-4.30pm)