Free CPD training event delivered by Public Health England on ‘Physical Activity Clinical Champions - encouraging and prescribing physical activity for the management and prevention of disease’.
- a comprehensive review of the current evidence base for physical activity as a way to manage and prevent physical and mental health conditions
- this course prepares GPs, nurses and other healthcare professionals to champion the benefits of physical activity with their patients and, in doing so, help prevent and/or manage a range of common physical and mental health conditions.
- the course will familiarise the learner with the UK Chief Medical Officers’ physical activity guidelines, the underpinning evidence base and how to incorporate it into their daily clinical care.
- develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver effective brief advice and prescribe physical activity to patients.
- led by Joshua Cane, PHE Physical Activity Clinical Champion and Senior Psychological Therapist/Clinical Coordinator
- all participants can use this for CPD and will receive certification
- information and resources to help signpost towards local activities – supported by Camden Council’s Active Living Team
Places are limited, registration is essential.