The aims of this locally commissioned service (LCS) are to ensure that high-quality sexual healthcare is provided by practices to patients.
This service has the following objectives:
- Increase the testing and diagnosis of sexual transmitted infections including chlamydia and HIV, HBV, HCV, gonorrhoea and syphilis, with an emphasis on identifying those at highest risk.
- Ensure high quality management and follow up of those found to have STIs.
- Provision of free condoms and pregnancy tests to patients in consultations.
- Develop systems to increase tailored, high quality, contraception follow-up of patients who have had abortions.
- Increase in number of GP practice staff that have attended primary care sexual health training.