Locum Finances

NCL Wide

You should consider employing an accountant if you're working as a locum, especially for the first time. You will need to know how much to save for tax and what receipts to keep of tax-deductable income.

Look at the pensions section for details of how to pay into your NHS pension.

To register as self employed for tax purposes, please see gov.uk

Self-Assessment Tax Return

w: https://www.gov.uk