NCL Wide

GP payment and pensions enquiries

The GP Pensions team can be contacted using the online enquires form or by calling t: 0333 014 2884.

Documents can be sent to PCSE, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN.

Pensions information for salaried GPs

Salaried GPs must complete the Type 2 assessment form. Please see the NHS Pensions website.

This includes GPs employed by a GP practice, CCG, APMS (NHS) contractor or solely for an NHS Out of Hours provider.

See letter for further explanation. 

Pensions information for locum GPs

  1. Each time you invoice a practice you should also give them a form GP Locum A to sign/stamp. You need this form to claim pension on this income.
  2. Calculate what percentage pension contribution (Tier) you should be paying based on your estimated NHS income at the beginning of the financial year (1 April onwards) and whether you have purchased added years (refer to notes for form GP Locum B). 
  3. Every month in which you are paid you should fill in a locum GP form B for all the work paid in that month. The Locum B form totals what you have been paid in that month, and the total contribution you need to pay to claim it as pensionable.

All the forms can be found on the NHS Pensions website (scroll down to GP Locums)

If you are registered on the Performers List of any NCL CCG Boroughs (Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey or Islington), you need to send a cheque for your pension contribution with this form, payable to ‘The NHS Commissioning Board'. Locum GPs post forms to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN. Submit all individual form As with this form B as evidence of payment.

If you are registered on the Medical Performers List of another CCG, you should forward your paperwork, with your cheque, to that CCG, on whose performers list you were registered at the time you did the Locum work.