In 2009, the GMC introduced licenses for practising doctors in the UK. Since 2012, these licenses must be renewed every five years through revalidation.
Finding out about revalidation
The Royal College of General Practitioners provides, a range of resources to support doctors in the appraisal and revalidation process.
Five key things to do now!
The RCGP advises five things you can be doing now to get ready for your revalidation:
- Ensure that you know your responsible officer – if not, the GMC Online help tool that will help you connect with your designated body
- Ensure that your annual appraisals are properly conducted
- Register with and use the RCGP Revalidation ePortfolio or equivalent for your appraisals
- If you haven’t participated in a Patient or Colleague Feedback survey in the past three years, plan to do them
- If you haven’t completed a full cycle clinical audit in the past three years, plan to do one