Barnet Hospital’s continence clinic is now accepting GP referrals. The clinic runs on the first Friday of each month and referrals can be submitted using e-RS, under the care of the elderly service.
Please be aware that the clinic is not part of Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust’s (CLCH) continence service. The clinic is unable to prescribe or arrange pad delivery or assessment, so please arrange this via community nurses and the CLCH continence service.
The referral criteria for this clinic are:
- elderly frail patients with continence problems (urinary or faecal)
- elderly frail patients with recurrent urinary tract infections
- patients with multiple comorbidities and continence problems
- patients with chronic neurological disease and continence problems
- patients with learning disabilities and continence problems
- patients with dementia and continence problems
Please be aware that referrals for the following patients will not be accepted by the clinic:
- patients under the age of 18 - these patients should be referred to the paediatrics or community paediatrics team
- patients being investigated for possible malignancies for example presenting with haematuria or raised PSA/possible prostate malignancy - these patients should be referred to urology on 2WW or haematuria pathway
- patients who only need pad delivery or assessment for containment products - this should be done via local Barnet/Enfield/Hertsmere continence services as appropriate
If you have any further questions, please contact Goreti Duarte
t: 020 8216 4983