A reminder that following a positive rapid lateral flow test, done at home or at a test site, you should:
- self-isolate straight away
- check if people you live with need to self-isolate
- get a PCR test (that is sent to a lab) to confirm your result as soon as possible: get a PCR test to check if you have Covid-19 on gov.uk.
- continue to self-isolate until you get the result of the PCR test
- follow the advice you're given when you get the result.
- if you do the PCR test within two days of a positive rapid lateral flow test at a test site and your PCR test is negative, you can stop self-isolating
- if you do the PCR test later than this, you'll need to self-isolate for 10 full days even if you get a negative PCR result.
Request a PCR test