Dear Haringey GPs,
I need to share some urgent information with you.
1. Assessment of injury in children
Many of you will be familiar with this pathway regarding injury in children. Please see attached.
2. Assessment of scalds and burns in children
See the below leaflet 'Thermal injuries on children'
3. When the adult responsible is not the parent, be aware of private fostering, but also if a registration of a child seems irregular e.g. not the parent registering, ask questions and if in doubt regarding the safety of the registration, always accept the registration but also contact Haringey Children’s Services via MASH
4. If a referral is made to CAMHS please email, request a read receipt and, do not post referrals.
5. If notification of an A&E attendance of a child with an injury received, this needs clinician oversight regarding whether possible non-accidental injury requiring further assessment.
Dr Julie Thomas
Named GP Child Safeguarding
Thermal injuries on children
Private fostering | Haringey Council