For up-to-date NCL Phlebotomy Service Opening Times, please see the NCL Phlebotomy Service Opening Times document in the download bar.
GP patients can no longer attend the hospital for phlebotomy, bookings must be made at one of the four off-site clinics. This is no longer a walk-in service and appointments must be booked in advance. The booking window is being kept short, i.e. no more than four days, to manage Covid-19 transmission risk so appointments cannot be booked in advance. (There are ongoing discussions about the booking window and implications for capacity and DNA).
Please note: walk-in patients will not be attended to.
Order a blood test
Email a PDF tQuest referral form to UCLH only (see Downloads for instructions)
- Ensure the patient's name is included in the file name.
- Ensure the patient's name and contact number is included in the subject email.
- Do not send screen shots of the tQuest form.
- Do not send tQuest forms to the clinic sites (i.e. Finsbury Heath Centre, James Wigg, Hunter Street or River Place Health Centre).
- AFTER the request form has been sent, ask the patient to make a booking online via website, email or phone (see below).
Booking an appointment
Patients can book an appointment AFTER a tQuest request form has been sent by their GP.
- When booking an appointment, patients will need to provide the following information:
- contact details
- preferred day/time/location
- Patients can book via MyCare booking system (see Downloads for patient info sheet).
- If patients have issues with online booking, they can email the UCLH phlebotomy booking team or ring and speak directly to the booking team
- Appointments cannot be booked no more than four days in advance to manage Covid-19 transmission risk.
- Full details of the clinics can be found in locations below, including opening times.
Please note: the following clinics are closed until further notice:
- UCLH Atrium
- Islington Central Medical Centre
Informing patients about their visit
- Please ask patients to attend their phlebotomy appointment with a face covering.
- Patients should arrive no more than 10 minutes before booked time.
- Patients should not book or attend an appointment if they have symptoms of Covid-19.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service:
Editable PDF / Word document
Referral methods: Email
Email T-Quest form in PDF format (see ‘Order a blood test’ section above for useful guidance in sending the request)
Patients can book an appointment AFTER the tQuest form has been sent.
Hunter Street Health Centre
Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
River Place Health Centre
Tuesday and Thursday 8am-4.30pm; Wednesday 8am-12pm
James Wigg Practice Kentish Town Health Centre
Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
Finsbury Health Centre
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30am-12.30pm Tuesday, Thursday 8.30am-5.30pm