This service is staffed by anticoagulation nurses. They relieve blood clots and other blood disorders related to thrombosis by administering anticoagulant drugs and therapy.
- anticoagulant monitoring clinic, using point of care testing (POCT).
- ambulatory DVT service (day clinic for out-patients), managing patients referred directly from A&E to avoid hospital admission for deep vein thrombosis.
- pre-operative consultations, to ensure that our patientsâ€™ anticoagulant therapy is safely managed and they are prepared for surgery.
- support for patients wishing to self-administer anticoagulant drugs. Training, quality assurance and clinical advice are given.
- initiation of new treatments like NOACS (novel direct oral anticoagulants) within NCL guidelines.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service: