Due to Covid-19, the MyDESMOND online service is currently being provided to replace face-to-face sessions. Primary care clinicians can continue to refer via the usual route.
The DESMOND programme provides education modules for patients newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The programme offers a whole-day session, including two hours of dietary education.
DESMOND sessions in Islington are held at:
- Partnership Primary Care Centre, 331 Camden Rd, London N7 0SL
- Bingfield Primary Care Centre, 8 Bingfield St, London N1 0AL
Coding Patient Attendance
It is important that GP practices have processes in place to ensure coding of patient structured-education attendance. The table below details how attendance information for each of the available diabetes structured-education courses is communicated to practices and which codes should be used.
Patient cohort: Newly diagnosed
- Patient attendance reported to practices: Letter per patient sent to GP practice via Docman. Example report/letter practices receive: DESMOND GP letter example.
- List of patient completers also sent to practice generic email address quarterly
- Attended: 9OLF
- DNA: 9NiA
- No Response / Declined: 9OLM
Additional report information to code: n/a
- Registered with an Islington GP
- Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service: