Grief Encounter specialises in providing professional bereavement support to children, young people and parents. We do this through a Freephone national helpline, counselling, group support and peer-led activities. We work closely with individuals, families, schools and professionals to offer a way through the anxiety, fear and isolation so often caused by grief.
Our services include:
- Grief Talk, a free national helpline 0808 802 0111 (open weekdays 9am- 9pm, or email email@example.com)
- one-to-one counselling
- group workshops
- music, art and drama therapy
- residential and Family Fun Days
- bespoke support for schools, universities and colleges
- a dedicated Trauma Team for support following a sudden or traumatic bereavement.
- accredited training courses and webinars for professionals
- award-winning resources including our unique Grief Relief Kit, Grief Encounter Workbook and Journal
Following bereavement, our Freephone national helpline is open to anyone in need of bereavement support.
Our other services are primarily designed for children and young people (up to 25 years of age). Where possible, we also support parents and carers. Please enquire for further information.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service:
GPs, school staff, social worker