Referral methods: Email
Before making a referral, you will need to check which practices you can refer to and which level of procedure (1, 2 or 3) each practice will accept. It is important not to refer a patient for a procedure that the accepting practice cannot treat. (See downloads for service pathway and FAQs)
For each patient, you will need to:
- Check that the procedure you want to refer is valid under the DES.
- Check to see whether the procedure is level 1; level 2; or level 3 ( see guidance above and the more detailed guidance available on the referral website)
- Identify an Islington practice that will accept referrals of procedures at the relevant level.
- Complete a referral form containing all relevant information about the referral (see downloads).
- Email the referral form from your nhs.net account to the appropriate accepting practice