The One You Haringey Livingwise programe is multi component adult weight management programme that will focus on residents from the East of Haringey and individuals from black and minority ethnic groups.
- multi-component programme including dietary and physical activity elements, as well as behavioural strategies.
- the core components will be put together in quarters named as Insight, Routine, Rhythm and Balance, over 12 once a week sessions.
- each quarter will include individual sessions on Nutrition, Physical Activity and Wellbeing, respectively.
- fortnightly face-to-face follow-up (maintain your success) sessions will be added to the end of the programme based around, plateaus, goals setting, relapse and community.
Insight - Increasing awareness of areas essential to successful weight loss including guidelines, literature and models
Routine - Focusing on the importance of daily routines and creating new long lasting healthy habits
Rhythm - Building and maintaining a new rhythm by focusing on areas of regularity and placing energy into wellbeing
Balance - Understanding the importance of balance within nutrition and physical activity, and how this can impact health and wellbeing.
Haringey residents, living in the nationally most deprived 20 per cent of the borough, who are:
- obese, BMI >27.5
- black, asian or from another minority ethnic group, including any other white.
Individuals not eligible for this specific programme can still access OYH weight management services.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service: