Short-term intensive support, including nursing and therapeutic assessments and social care for up to 10 days for patients who can be managed in the community but are at risk of admission to hospital. Core hours are 8am to 9pm seven days a week, accepts referrals 24/7. Last referral time for urgent two-hour response is 7pm.
Adult Social Care (ASC) Rapid Response service
A social worker is also available via Rapid Response from 9am to 5pm on weekdays to support patients who would benefit from urgent social-care assessment to avoid hospital admission.
For any queries, contact email@example.com.
Patients aged 18+ requiring immediate health or social care assessment and intervention who can be managed at home (or are in a nursing/residential care home) to prevent an unnecessary hospital admission, and are:
- Camden residents or
- registered with a Camden GP
- housebound or non-housebound
Referral reasons and common conditions covered (please note this list is not exhaustive, if unsure please see Downloads or telephone 07717 858 081):
- congestive heart failure (CHF)
- elderly frail patient who has become symptomatic and at risk of admission (such as sudden reduction in mobility and new confusion)
- exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- fall without apparent injuries, in particular without hip pain
- patient at end of life (out of hours and not known to district nurses or palliative care)
- respiratory tract infection
- simple head injury
- unstable diabetes
- urinary tract infection, blocked catheter with pain or haematuria from infection
A therapy-only referral can be made; this is where no medical agenda is required.
Patients whose primary needs are for:
- mental health services
- a life-threatening condition requiring hospital care.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service:
GPs, Nurses, LAS, Social Workers, Housing Managers, Emergency Dept,
Patients can self refer, if known to the service within the last three months.
t: 07717 858081
Camden Rapid Response Admission Avoidance Service