Area specific guidance for Islington
Quick access advice and guidance is available from UCLH frailty consultants, during the Covid-19 outbreak.
t: 07971 487 713 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
Out of hours cover will be provided by the Duty Medical Registrar
t: 020 3456 7890 bleep 4301
Please note: The on-call doctor might be seeing patients. If there is no answer, please send a text or WhatsApp message with:
- your name
- your role
- your organisation
- Do not include any patient details in the message.
Area specific guidance for Camden
Despite the Covid-19 epidemic, the multidisciplinary frailty and complex care team is continuing its work with across the borough for all frail elderly people, and those with complex needs.
- Add patients at high risk of unplanned admission or with complex needs to the practice frailty register and refer to the Complex Care Nurse to help manage the patient – they will triage the patient remotely initially.
- The neighbourhood MDMs continue virtually from 9.30 to 11.30am. GPs and Practice Nurses are encouraged to discuss patients. Please email before the MDT meetings.
- NW3 Neighbourhood – every 3rd Wednesday
- South & CHE(S) – every 3rd Wednesday
- NW5 Neighbourhood – every 4th Wednesday
- CHE (W) – every 4th Wednesday
- Borough – 1st, 2nd and 5th (if there is one) Wed 09:30–11:30 with a small number of participants at Keats Group Practice
- All referrals to the MDM should be sent by 14:00 on the Tuesday before the meeting each week to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Care navigators are available in practices, supporting vulnerable older people to get the right care, and will also help facilitate food parcel deliveries.
- There are four education modules that can be completed – GP Education Frail & Elderly. Upon completion, a certificate will be issued.
For more information about prevention of falls, please refer to the Camden Integrated Network Checklist (see downloads).