The Salaried Portfolio Innovation/New to Practice Fellowship scheme is a recruitment scheme to encourage and support recently qualified GPs and practice nurses into substantive salaried posts across NCL by linking them to a range of portfolio roles.
The programme aims to link local service needs and leadership opportunities (in practices, PCNs, federations, specialist role clinics, the wider health system and beyond) with the professional development needs of newly qualified practitioners.
What are the benefits for me as a SPIN/New to Practice fellow?
- Support for the transition to independent professional working as GP/GPNs
- A menu of opportunities for portfolio working
- Learning skills such as leadership and management to support you in all future work by developing you as a clinician and a leader
What are the benefits for the portfolio role employers?
- To fill required roles developing and leading services
- Support the offer of developmental roles with linked education
- Support the development of future leaders in their organisations
What are the benefits for the practices?
- The scheme is intended to support practices to recruit and retain GPs and GPNs by offering the linked portfolio role and thus creating an overall attractive developmental job
- GPs must have completed training and achieved CCT within the past 12 months (potentially up to 18 months if you have taken significant maternity/parental/adoptive or sick leave).
- Practice nurses must have joined the NMC register within the past 12 months (potentially up to 18 months if you have taken significant maternity/parental/adoptive or sick leave).
- You must hold a substantive GMS contract (fixed term locum positions may be considered) for a minimum of four sessions per week (this can include out of hours).
- You must be working to provide primary medical services within an NCL borough (Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey or Islington).