Our annual Winter Wellbeing project, run in partnership with North London Cares, begins this October. Like lots of things the project will look a little different this year, with many more residents being reached out to over the phone.
Please promote the programme to any residents in Camden and Islington over the age of 65. For help to stay warm, active, healthy and connected this winter they can contact North London Cares
t: 020 7118 3838 (option 3)
From October 2020 to March 2021 North London Cares can:
- connect over-65s to organisations who will help keep their home warm and safe, provide benefits and housing advice, and keep bills low
- help over-65s to access health services and advice on where to get a flu jab
- connect over-65s with organisations to help with practical tasks such as shopping and prescription pick-ups
- arrange small grants and warm items for over-65s in difficult circumstances
- introduce over-65s to friendly local groups and activities for fun and friendship, like North London Cares’ Social Clubs, currently held online and over the phone, and in person when safe to do so
- introduce over-65s to a younger local for regular phone calls, visits, conversation and friendship
- provide advice and information on support available for over-65s needing to self-isolate, NHS test and trace and other issues related to coronavirus.