The Seasonal Health Intervention Network (SHINE) is a fuel poverty referral network and free energy advice service for Londoners run by the Energy Advice Team at Islington Council.
SHINE is a single point of referral bringing together dozens of schemes to support anyone living in a London borough who is struggling to heat their home. SHINE London offers a dedicated helpline and affordable warmth interventions to ensure households get the help they need to reduce utility bills, tackle energy debt and ultimately stay well and warm.
SHINE can offer the following services to clients:
- advice on saving energy and reducing bills
- grants available for heating and insulation
- support with energy and water debt
- water and electricity discounts
- inclusion in supplier vulnerable customer registers
- Energy Doctor home visits to install energy efficiency measures
- fire safety checks
- air quality alerts for people with respiratory diseases.
SHINE accepts referrals for any low income households within any tenure. More support is available for residents meeting any of the below criteria:
- has a disability
- has a long-term health conditions worsened by the cold
- has a child aged <15
- is an adult aged >60
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service:
GPs, Nurses, Anyone can refer or signpost.